Boutique resort with a fantastic beachfront location
With 29 guest rooms and suites, the Estacio Uno Boracay Lifestyle Resort is a boutique hotel with a prime location directly on the beach in Boat Station 1. Formerly known as the Waling Waling Beach Resort, it’s under new management and is trying to overcome the mixed reviews from its past.
The best feature is the beach out front, along with the 8 cabanas for use of guests. There’s also a beach restaurant and a second-floor lounge where guests can relax while enjoying yet another perfect sunset. The smallest rooms here are quite small and reportedly don’t even have a window, so it might be better to look at the Superior or Deluxe rooms instead.
Area: Boat Station 1
- Deluxe Executive
- Deluxe with Pool Access
- Presidential Suite
Special room features
- Daily breakfast
- Welcome drink and welcome lei
- Souvenir photo
- Free use of swimming pool
- Complimentary 1 hour full body massage for 2 persons in Deluxe Pool Access & Seaside Suite
- Complimentary bottled water (2 bottles) in the room daily
- Complimentary Fruit Basket in Deluxe Pool Access & Seaside Suite
- Coffee and Tea maker
- Free wireless internet in all rooms the lobby and restaurants
- Safety deposit box in rooms
- 32 inch LCD TV with cable in Standard, Superior and Deluxe Category Rooms
- 42 inch LCD TV with cable in the Seaside Suite
- Jacuzzi in the Seaside Suite
- Mini Bar
- High season online specials from US$176 per night
- Low season online specials from US$145 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Main restaurant
- Sky Lounge
- Beach cabanas
- Swimming pool
- Massage service
What the reviews say
Reviews for Estacio Uno are generally good, but there are enough from disappointed guests that caution is advised before booking here. The location right on the beach in a nice part of Boat Station 1 gets high marks, as do most of the rooms and the service, but not from everyone.
In particular it’s interesting to note that the resort hosts weddings with at least some regularity, and on those days the beach and pool area can be mostly taken over by the wedding party. Some also warn that the cheapest room has no view and no window, so be aware of that.